1. This contest is offered to the Public.
2. It is open to Writers, Poets and Artists.
3. All entries MUST be in English.
4. It does not matter how many times you have been published, you are eligible.
5. You MUST be at least 18 years old to be awarded the grand prize.
6. You must have the rights to your work (both print and electronic rights).
7. Most genres are welcomed (excluding what would be considered as pornographic).
8. Work published previously in any copyrighted newspaper, magazine, book or other medium is ineligible. Writing for school publications may be entered. Entries must be original.
9. Entries should be entered through the website at https://www.opencontractchallenge.com/ no later than 11:59 p.m. PST, Thursday, April 30, 2021.
10. We will only accept entries in digital format.
11. Panels of writers and editors will judge. Walter G. Esselman, who was the previous Grand Prize Winner of the 2020 Open Contract Challenge will select the Grand Prize winner for this year.
12. For Co-Authorship: In the event that Co-authors win a prize, if in the case of First place, the monetary award, flight to PCE, and accommodations in Victorville, CA will be their responsibility to divide among themselves.
13. The decisions of the judges are final. Submission indicates acceptance of all contest rules.
Questions about the Open Contract Challenge should be emailed to