1. This contest is offered to the public.
2. It is open to Writers, Poets, and Artists.
3. All entries MUST be in English.
4. It does not matter how many times you have been published, you are eligible.
5. You MUST be at least 18 years old to be awarded the grand prize.
6. You MUST have the rights to your work (both print and electronic rights).
7. Most genres are welcomed (excluding what would be considered pornographic).
8. Work published previously in any copyrighted newspaper, magazine, book or other medium is ineligible. Writing for school publications may be entered. Entries must be original.
9. Entries should be entered through the website at https://www.opencontractchallenge.com/ no later than 11:59 p.m. PST, Thursday, April 30, 2022.
10. We will only accept entries in digital format.
11. Panels of writers and editors will judge. Peggy Gerber, who was the previous Grand Prize Winner of the 2021 Open Contract Challenge will select the Grand Prize winner for this year.
12. For Co-Authorship: In the event that Co-authors win a prize, if in the case of First place, the monetary award, flight to PCE, and accommodations in Victorville, CA will be their responsibility to divide among themselves.
13. If the winner is from outside North America (United States & Canada), they get the equivalent of a plane ticket from the East Coast to the West Coast of The United States instead of being flown to the event.
14. If you are rude to OCC employees or fellow contestants, Or harass them sexually or otherwise, you will be disqualified, and if it is egregious enough, you could be banned for life.
15. Winners attempting to negotiate a better deal with JayZoMon employees regarding Any prizes won, can lead to the contestant’s Immediate Disqualification.
16. From Round One, the Pitch, the Director of the Open Contract Challenge reserves the right to include an 11th contestant 'Wild Card.'
17. The decisions of the judges are final. Submission indicates acceptance of all contest rules.